If my sewer backs up or is backing up, who do I call?

Generally it is a good idea to call the City first so it can be determined if the problem is the City sewer main or private lateral connected to the main. City crews can help determine the source of the problem and correct it, if it’s in the City’s main line, without charge. Otherwise, if the problem is the private lateral, the property owner should arrange for a plumber to make the necessary repairs. Please call: 620-672-3191 or 620-672-3866 during business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday or 620-672-3831 after hours and on holidays. 

Show All Answers

1. Where and how can I pay my City utility bill?
2. How do I sign up for utility service?
3. Do you offer automatic payments?
4. What is the energy cost adjustment on my utility bill?
5. What is the storm water fee?
6. How can I get my water shut off at the meter?
7. If my sewer backs up or is backing up, who do I call?
8. Who do I contact if I have power problems after 5:00 p.m. or on holidays and weekends?