- Public Works
The City of Pratt Sanitation Department is responsible for the collection and disposal of refuse in the city.
The following items are a list of the sanitation department's responsibilities, rules and regulations:
- The City of Pratt must provide for the collection of compost and hazardous waste within the city.
- The city’s sanitation department will be responsible for enforcing and carrying out all regulations and requirements as established by the governing body of the City of Pratt.
- The governing body of the city must also set forth requirements for furnishing of containers by householders and provide for classification/collection of refuse.
- The governing body of the city will make and publish regulations governing the collection and disposal of solid waste.
- Refuse cannot be collected from or transported within the city limits by any person or corporation that isn't authorized by the city to do so.
- Refuse shall be out for pick up by 6 am on the designated pick up day. If trash is missed due to it not being out, the customer can request a special pick up and will be accessed a $31.83 fee on their utility bill.
- Rules and Regulations
- Compost Regulations
Rates for 2021 - Trash & Landfill
|Residential Units||Cost||Landfill Rate||Trash Rate|
|1 through 5||$17.83||$6.23||$11.60|
|6 through 10||$17.53||$6.23||$11.30|
|11 through 20||$17.22||$6.23||$16.99|
|21 through 30||$16.87||$6.23||$10.64|
|31 through 40||$16.29||$6.23||$10.06|
|41 through 50||$15.97||$6.23||$9.74|
|51 and Up||$15.67||$6.23||$9.44|
Cost of Commercial Garbage Containers
Additional Garbage Information
|Type of Service||Fee|
|Compost Carts per Month||$8.70|
|Minimum Charge for Dumping a Private Container||$43.30|
|Minimum Charge for First Half Hour for Special Pickup||$32.47|
|Outside City Limits||$29.56 per Month|
|Special Containers (each dumping)||$43.30|